Tuesday, June 22, 2004

The Book of Proverbs

Before that,
Well Done England!!
Well Done Federer!
Well Done Ferrari!
EURO 2004
Wayne Rooney is clinical and phenomenal! What are you waiting for Fergie - go grab your cheque book and sign him for Man Utd!! As Rudd put it rightly in the Times Newspaper, he wants Rooney as his new strike partner next season!
"I don't need to tell him how to score goals. It is better I don't say anything, his vision is incredible, he's ready for anything." Sven - Goran Erikkson
England went behind in the sixth minute after Niko Kovac poked the ball home. But Scholes' close-range header drew England level and Rooney then arrowed a shot past keeper Tomislav Butina six minutes before the interval.In the second half Rooney beat Butina with a cool finish and although Igor Tudor scored for Croatia, Lampard added a fourth with a run and a shot.
Anyone who watched the England v Crotia match really saw a sheer excellent display of football !! Nail biting, nerve wrecking, heart pounding - Now, that is what we call football!
WIMBLEDON
In the opening first round match on Centre Court, Federer sent a firm message in his campaign to retain the Wimbledon crown here in the sunny suburb of South West London by disposing of the home-boy Alex Bogdanovic
6-3 6-3 6-0. Watch out Tim Henman and Andy Roddick cos this cute Swiss is here to WIN!
F1
Another 1-2 finish at Indianapolis by the Ferarris!! It was Michael Schumacher's 78th career victory and his eighth win in the nine races so far this year. It extended his championship lead to 18 points over Barrichello.
AND NOW PROVERBS
I began my 3 day journey into the book of Proverbs today. Why Proverbs and Why 3 days?? Well, I guess you can say I had a little help from my SIB Zone Leaders who have designated such a book for me to explore and well, the 3 day time period can only mean ONE thing - EXIST BIBLE QUIZ is on Friday 25th June 2004 @ SIB KL. The Books we are covering are Joshua, Psalms , Proverbs, Matthew 5,6 & 7, Romans 6 & 8 and all the Scripture Memorisation in SIB's Bible REading Plan. My cousin, Jonathan & I have been tasked by our dear cell leader to represent the Young Adult Zone for the Psalms & Proverbs Verbal & Puzzle Category!! Guess when we found out?? Two days ago! haha...Beyond surprise I went like - huh? Everything ar? Are you crazy?? Those are the toughest books! How to memorise the verses?!
So this morning despite having to deal with the after effects of staying up to watch the footie, I opened my NIV bible at work to Proverbs. It is phemomenal! I enjoy the literature; the poetic nature; the use of wit; the use of analogy and the parablelistic nature of this brilliant God-inspired Word of His. I believe it is a book I want to really replicate my life after - the warnings, the teachings of wisdom & discernment just goes to show just how loving a God we have up there. He is like a our parents. In fact, many a times, the book speaks of knowledge, wisdom, understanding, prudence and all this stems from listening to the counsel of wise parents! This indeed is now Valerie Quay's SURVIVAL GUIDE NO 1!! It is a book of values and a book which also tackles the issues of money, pride, temptation, evil or wrongdoings, intergitry - all the issues which we grapple with in our daily lives! AMAZING!!
Man, I am just so awe-struck !
Now, I am asking the the Lord that by His Spirit to help me not to memorise the verses for the sake of Bible Quiz but with REAL understanding. And even as I seek to browse through Psalms & Proverbs though I doubt I can finish reading it in its entirety that God will refresh my heart, mind and soul.
I am really enjoying Proverbs and you guys ought to join me! Its so fun...God is humourous, firm, wise and witty!
A simple man believes anything but a prudent man gives thought to his steps ( Proverbs 14 vs 15)